Wednesday, November 11, 2009

YOB Musical Edition

http://www.frankfortyotb.blogspot.com/

Check out the church site too!
http://www.frankfortpresbychurch.com/

"Year of the Bible" Q&As and Pastor's Reflection

Here's the question and answer from Monday:
Ezekiel compares Israel’s mother to what? (Ezek 19)
Ezekiel 19:10 10 "'Your mother was like a vine in your vineyard planted by the water; it was fruitful and full of branches because of abundant water."

And the question and answer from Tuesday:
Who is “the living Stone” 1 Peter 2 talks about?
1 Peter 2:4-5 4 As you come to him, the living Stone-- rejected by men but chosen by God and precious to him-- 5 you also, like living stones, are being built into a spiritual house to be a holy priesthood, offering spiritual sacrifices acceptable to God through Jesus Christ.

And here's today's question of the day:
The psalmist encourages us to pray for the __________ of Jerusalem? (Ps 122)

And here's the reflection of the day:

I really love today's readings from the psalms, especially Psalm 121. As frequently happens to me, I begin to read Scripture and a song pops into my head--"I lift my eyes up to the hills--where does my help come from" were the particular lines. So I went to work on http://www.youtube.com/ looking for a version of that song I liked. And this is what I came up with: it's called "Praise You in This Storm" recorded by Casting Crowns and this version is by a guy named Joe Monto.

May this song be our prayer today and always! (Lyrics are posted under the video.)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pkfVimRvSeg



"Praise You in This Storm" by Casting Crowns (performed by Joe Monto)

I was sure by now
God You would have reached down
And wiped our tears away
Stepped in and saved the day
But once again, I say "Amen", and it's still raining

As the thunder rolls
I barely hear Your whisper through the rain
"I'm with you"
And as Your mercy falls
I raise my hands and praise the God who gives
And takes away

I'll praise You in this storm
And I will lift my hands
For You are who You are
No matter where I am
Every tear I've cried
You hold in Your hand
You never left my side
And though my heart is torn
I will praise You in this storm

I remember when
I stumbled in the wind
You heard my cry
You raised me up again
My strength is almost gone
How can I carry on
If I can't find You

As the thunder rolls
I barely hear You whisper through the rain
"I'm with you"
And as Your mercy falls
I raise my hands and praise the God who gives
And takes away

I lift my eyes unto the hills
Where does my help come from?
My help comes from the Lord
The Maker of Heaven and Earth

No comments:

Post a Comment