Monday, May 11, 2009

Mon, May 11

Hello, friends!

I'm off for a few days of Continuing Education this week. I'm meeting with a group of fellow Alums from Pittsburgh Seminary where I did my Master of Divinity degree. Our assignment for the week is to discuss the hundreds of pages of reading we did about Augustine of Hippo. I'm really looking forward to it, though I do have some reading left to finish. Shh--let's keep that as our little secret, OK?

So, Monday through Friday I'll be posting just the questions that accompany our readings but taking a sabbath from reflecting.

Hang in there with the reading! If you're any where close to being on schedule with the readings, you're doing a GREAT job! Stick with it.


Here's the question and answer from yesterday:
Sun, May 10: Nathan tells David that the punishment for his sin will not be his death. What is the punishment? (2 Sam 12)
2 Samuel 12:13-14 3 Then David said to Nathan, "I have sinned against the LORD." Nathan replied, "The LORD has taken away your sin. You are not going to die. 14 But because by doing this you have made the enemies of the LORD show utter contempt, the son born to you will die."

And here's the question of the day:
Mon, May 11: Who did Absalom have killed? Why? (2 Sam 13)

No comments:

Post a Comment