Saturday, May 30, 2009

Treasure in Clay Jars

Good morning! Gosh, when I took the dog out this morning, I could kinda see my breath! But it looks to be a lovely spring Saturday in western PA. I hope you're having good weather too, wherever you are!

We've got a vacation bible school meeting in a little bit and I need to fix up my Pentecost decorations. . . . they look like something a five year old would do, not a thirty year old! Not sure how they can be redeemed, so I'll just add more streamers. You can never have too many streamers, right?!

Here's the question and answer from yesterday:
What does Paul compare Christians to in 2 Corinthians 3?
2 Corinthians 3:2-3 2 You yourselves are our letter, written on our hearts, known and read by everybody. 3 You show that you are a letter from Christ, the result of our ministry, written not with ink but with the Spirit of the living God, not on tablets of stone but on tablets of human hearts.

And here's the question of the day:
What did Elisha do to the ax head which fell into the water? (2 Kings 6)

And here's the reflection of the day:
I've read 2 Corinthians 4 through at least three times. And each time I pick a little passage to write about, my eyes wander down the computer screen and I get distracted by another couple of verses. This is a chapter rich with gems, pearls of wisdom, bits and pieces I have memorized and other I know from songs.

So, instead of just picking one, I'll ask you to do the work this time. The following are some of the questions I ask myself before I start blogging on the passage. In fact, these are some of the questions I ask myself any time I read the Bible!

1. Of all these verses, which ones stick out the most to you?
2. Why do you think they capture your attention?
3. Is it because you like the verses or because you don't or because you don't understand them?
4. What do you think God is saying to you through these verses?
5. How can you use these verses to write a prayer?
6. Now, write the prayer!!

Have a good day!
Allison

No comments:

Post a Comment