Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Anchor in a Storm

http://www.frankfortyotb.blogspot.com/


Check out the church site too!
http://www.frankfortpresbychurch.com/


Pastor's Reflection
Maybe it's just me (and I don't think it is), but life seems a little stormy right now. Conditions on a global and local scale leave me feeling a little uncertain of my place in the world. And that allows a little bit of anxiety to sneak into the back of my mind.

Life, for me at least, is generally peaceful and smooth sailing. But every once in a while, a sudden squall blows into my part of the harbor. And my little ship starts to rock.

What is it that keeps a ship anchored in the midst of a squall? An anchor. A solid anchor.

Hebrews 6 reminds us of "an anchor for the soul, firm and secure (v 19)." What is that anchor? you may ask.

Hope . . . hope that God is unchanging and will keep the promises he made to his heirs (v 18). God offers us this anchor, this hope, in order to that we "may be greatly encouraged" (v 18) in the midst of the storms and squalls of life.

Drop the anchor for your soul down deep into God's hope, that it may hold secure the next the time waves of life threaten to drag you out of the harbor and toss your little ship out to sea.

No comments:

Post a Comment