Monday, January 5, 2009

A Few Blogging Hints for Readers

If you're as new to this whole blogging thing as I am, you could probably benefit from some tips I've stumbled across as I've read others' blogs.

1. The main page is set to show only 2 posts (or entries) per page. If you scroll all the way down to the bottom of the page and look on the right hand side, you will see a link that says "older posts." Click there to be taken to, what else, older posts! It also is set to display one 2 per pages, so repeat if you'd like to go back further.

2. If you'd like to reread an entry from earlier and you know what the date is, look on the right hand side of the screen at the box labeled "Blog Archive." They are sorted by date. Click on the week you are looking for and it will display 2 posts at a time. Click on "Older Posts" at the bottom of the page until you find what you are looking for.

3. If you remember reading something but can't remember what Scripture passage it belonged to, check out the "Labels" box on the right hand side of the page. As I write the posts, I'll add some labels, which are key words. Look through that list and see if you can find a key word that helps you find the post you were looking for. Click on the word you're looking for and it will take you to a list posts. Read through them to find the one you're looking for. When all else fails, shoot me an email and I'll try to figure out what you're looking for.

If I can think of anything else that might be helpful, I'll let you know! Let me know if you have suggestions too!

Thanks,
Allison

No comments:

Post a Comment